27 de febrero de 2018, 14:56Abuja, Feb 27 (Prensa Latina) The Nigerian government will establish a 12-member committee to investigate the circumstances that went around the kidnapping of 110 Nigerian girls from the Science and Technology School of Dapchi, state of Yobe, on February 19.
The attack has revived painful memories in Nigeria of the mass abduction of 276 girls from another boarding school in Chibok in April 2014.
Plan called the Dapchi schoolgirls kidnap a "classic case of history repeating itself with no lessons learnt" and a gross violation of the girls' right to freedom and equality.
"We know that girls who return to their communities after escaping capture, often with children, face stigma and exclusion, so it is likely this incident will affect these girls for the rest of their lives".
"Members of the public in Yobe State are implored to disregard and discountenance this claim that the Military formally handed the security of Dapchi town to the Nigeria Police as untrue, unfounded and misleading". Police said on February 21 that 111 girls from the college were unaccounted for following a jihadist raid late on February 19.
However, Manzo - the newly elected head of the parents' association at the school - said that according to parents and the association's records 104 girls were missing.
Fighter jets, helicopters and surveillance planes have all been deployed in the search for the girls, who vanished after suspected Boko Haram militants attacked the Government Girls Science Technical College.
He said that the buck-passing between the Nigerian Army and the Nigeria Police Force is unacceptable.
The school will reopen when "frayed nerves cool down", Yobe state education commissioner Mohammed Lamin said.
"As at the time of that redeployment, there was no imminent threat on Dapchi", he said.
Kanama is a town near the border with Niger some 120 km (75 miles) from Dapchi. The president described the Dapchi girls' disappearance as a "national disaster" days after the attack, but has been criticized for failing to publicly address the situation apart from the occasional Twitter update. But in the case of Dapchi, the Nigeria Army, through the spokesperson of the Operation Lafiya Dole, never informed or handed over to the Police. While noting that whereas Boko Haram had been technically defeated, MURIC said the Nigerian military had inadvertently allowed the insurgents to gain the upper hand in wits.
The post Dapchi Attack: Dogara Tells Army, Police To Stop Blame Game appeared first on Channels Television.